Here are some tips to help you better protect your organisation and its critical data in 2019:
1. Maintain & enforce a solid corporate security policy - ensure every employee is aware of your protocols and security standards; put everything in writing and ensure new staff members understand the measure they need to take.
2. Attend security conferences - a great source of knowledge and learning that can be applied to your organisation.
3. Involve your staff - discuss and understand their challenges and assess out how security can support their business objectives whilst protecting the company's key assets.
4. Keep your hardware and software up-to-date - actively monitor and constantly update your hardware and software to ensure they are current and have the latest patches.
5. Take action, do one thing - when it comes to securing an organisation, there are always so many things to do, it can be overwhelming - pick 1 initiative and get it done, rather than starting 2 or 3 and finishing none.